Under the authority of a Unit Head, the Communication Unit is in charge of:
– The implementation of the government strategy communication within the department;
– The design and layout of specific messages of the Minister;
– The collection, analysis and preservation of journalistic and audio-visual documentation of the Ministry;
– The continued promotion of brand image of the Ministry;
– Exploitation of articles on mining, industry and technological development, published in the national and international press;
– Protocol and the organization of ceremonies which the Minister or the Secretary of State participates;
– Involvement in the implementation of specialized programs of the Ministry in the national and international media;
– Organization of press conferences and other communication from the Minister;
– The drafting and publication of the newsletter and other publications related to the Ministry;
– Relations with the media and other communication services, and in general, public relations minister.
It includes, in addition to the Head of Unit, two (02) Assistant Research Officers.